Monday, August 9, 2010

The New Life

Merhaba dear reader! I've overheard rumors that people would like to know more about Turkey including (hopefully not limited to) what the heck I'm doing there. Well...since my Paris blog was such a critical and commercial success, I have decided to go ahead create another for my new life in Turkey.

The title of this post comes from an Orhan Pamuk book, and by "comes from", I mean "is also the title of". It is the title of the book that metaphorically grabbed me by the shoulders and said "GO. TO. TURKEY." Read it if you have the time--Orhan Pamuk is a very well respected and loved Turkish author, unlike myself.

So...this is my first post. You, the reader, can look forward to some pictures, some words, and some wit (I hope). Get excited!

3 comments:

  1. I like the disclaimer on the side. Is that something they said you have to include?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Emily,
    I am excited for you. As a Fulbrighter (2006-07 to Ukraine; I got to visit Istanbul while there), I applaud you and look forward to your posts on your new adventure. Be well. Stephanie

    latkovski@att.net

    ReplyDelete